Sunday 14 December 2014

Yours Sincerely, An Indian Muslim ...


I am Ali Akhtar, a 21 years old, pursuing my bachelors in Law. I am a permanent resident of India, live at ‘Shivshakti’ Enclave.

Yesterday I met a guy on my way back from college. I gave him lift to a place on the way. After some casual discussions about job, work and family, he asked me, “Are you proud of being a Muslim? ” I looked at him from the right most corner of my eyes, with a blunt face, trying to understand the intent of his question. He explained further, “I mean Allah has given you a perfect life, so in return what have you done for Islam.” I didn’t replied, and tried to explore his thoughts. He continued, “This country is known as ‘Hindu’stan, don’t you think, that we are always dominated, these people show that they care for us, we are equal, but is it really like that.” In a strong and terrifying tone he said, “You remember godhra, 1982, we have lost so many of our brothers and sisters, Now it’s time for us to Unite and teach them a lesson.” 

It was enough to test my patience, I stopped, asked him to step down of my bike, looked straight into his eyes and said, “Islam never taught me to take revenge, it has taught me to spread love. Whatever happens it happens because of people like you. Yes I am a Muslim, but I am an Indian first.” And drove towards my home.

Few days later, I was enjoying a weekend at my home. There was a knock, my sister opened up the door, there were 4 men outside, wearing saffron clothes. They asked for water as they have probably missed the way, they were heading towards. I did the courtesy, one of them thanked me and said, “We are here to guide you to convert your religion.” Well obviously I was shocked. The other one continued, “Religions are just for the sake of politics, how does it matter to you whether you are Muslim or  Hindu or Christian.” The third one said, “Convert to Hindu. Along with your whole family, we will give you 4 lakh rupees, 1 lakh per family member. In addition will give you a BPL card, and ensure you government job. Also, if you can convince your friends to do so, we will commission you 50,000 per person.” I angrily, took the half empty glass of water, bashed the door and shouted at them to get out of my house. 

Guess, what all would be going through my mind. Fear, Anxiety, Anger.

Yes I am a muslim, 
  1. I live in a locality dominated by hindus, the voice that wakes me up at 5 in the morning, is the sound of the loudspeaker from the Temple 50 Mtrs away from my house.
  2. I voted for Mr. Narendra Modi, in these elections, and not any of the Muslim candidates because I knew that he is the one who can bring the desired changes in India.
  3. I am as terrified on the Godhra Kand, Parliament Attack, Mumbai Bomb blasts as you are. Trust me, I want Dawood Ibrahim and Hafiz Saeed to be executed as much as you want.
  4. Yes I have by hearted Quraan and I have also by hearted Our National Anthem, National Song and Preamble of The Indian Constitution.

  5. Yes I am a big fan of cricket. I never miss a single match of Indian Team. I support India, when it’s India Vs. Pakistan.
  6. Don’t ask me If I Love India or Not. How would you feel if someone will ask you the same, about your mother who gave birth to you, took care of you and brought you up. India is the same to me.

  7. For many of you, Shahrukh, Salman or Huma Qureshi will be among the favorites. Well, I have seen Amitabh Bachhan’s Sharabi 22 times and posters of Dipika Padukone are in my bed room.
  8. Lata Mangeshkar is one of my favorite singers. I am sure many of you tune to the tracks of Mohammad Rafi every evening. Singers of many Indian Patriotic songs and spiritual songs are Muslims, and its even more fascinating that those songs are played at every temple daily.
  9. I celebrate Diwali, I love those lights and tasty sweets. I celebrate Holi also, I love Colors. And I invite friends over Eid, they love Sewaiyaan.
  10. I have a crush, a Hindu Rajput girl. Trust me it’s not Love Jihad, I just love the way she smiles.
  11. And I won’t change my Religion, Not because I disrespect Hinduism but because I respect Islam. I am a Muslim by birth, but an Indian by choice.

I feel highly disappointed after reading all those media headlines daily. Those political and religious groups. There are some political jerks on your side, there are some political jerks on our side. Lets Unite, Lets show them that we are on one side and they are on the other. India is one of the biggest Secular states in the world. People have fought and died for this country, as freedom fighters or on the borders, regardless of their religion. I request all of you to stay united, stay together. Spread Love, and not allow these bastards to divert us from the path of Humanism & Nationalism.

Jai Hind, Jai Bharat

Yours Sincerely
An Indian Muslim

Liked the Article - "Like" An Arrogant Writer on Facebook & Follow me on Google+. Also, Share it with your friends, By simply clicking on the tabs below...


Receive Latest Update via Email: Just Drop Your Mail under "Receive Updates via Email" on the Right Sidebar and Then Click on the the 'Confirmation Link' sent on your Email ID, to confirm your subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment