Saturday 3 January 2015

The First Date …

Author's Advice: Make sure that You read the whole story ... ;)

“OK! I will go out with you this Saturday, But on three conditions. First, It won’t be a 3D Horror Movie; Second, You will drop me home before 8PM; And Third, Just to clarify once again, this is just because you are a very good friend of mine and I don’t want to dishearten you, This doesn't mean that I love you or anything like that.” She said all this in a single breath on our way back from Library, while I handed over a bundle of Books to her. She didn't look at me during this entire dialogue, busy searching her favorite ‘Yellow Clip’ into her ‘Blossom Blue’ bag.

She was 4 inch shorter than me, We have been friends from past 10 years. She was a new admission in 2nd Standard, when I first saw her. She was cute, didn’t talked much, quiet, peaceful, chummy. During my entire 1 year reign as Class Monitor, I never wrote her name on the blackboard among the defaulters and after that I never got grades, that were good enough to make me class monitor.

I used to look at her, we started sharing lunch boxes, I used to give her toffees and she used to steal chalk for me from class teacher’s cupboard. Haah ! Those were the days, and during all these 10 years, I have been the famous one sided lover. She always considered me a very good friend, she used to share everything with me, we used to be together from morning till evening tuition. We celebrated many Birthdays, Friendships days, together. I gifted her almost everything that could make her happy. She was special to me Indeed, She was very special to me.

Getting back to the Present Day! I went home, very happily, with a big blushing smile. Mom evidently asked me, Ajj Hua kya hai tujhe, Itna kHush … !! ( You seem very happy today, What Happened … !! )”. I ignored Mom. Dad, switching off his laptop, looked at me, with an elegant smile, he asked me to change and join them for lunch. 

On the table, I turned towards my father and said, “Dad! I need some cash.”;
Dad: How Much ?
Me: 1500 or 2000.
Dad: Why ??
Me: I am going out with my friends today. Movie & Pizza.
Dad: How come a movie ticket and a Pizza can bill upto 2000 !!!
Me: [ Smartly turning into a professional Beggar ] Are papa de do naa please, thoda ghumna firna bhi hai … ( Oh ! Dad please, we have some other plans as well …)
Dad: [ With a wink ] Ok bring my wallet from the bedroom after the Lunch … ;)

My Mom & Dad, Kind of always knew that I have something in my heart for that girl. She was the only one with whom they have seen me since my childhood. Every Party, Every Society Meet, Every Parents Meet, I used to accompany just her.


You Know the proudest moment for a Father is, When his son, 
“Makes his first Girlfriend [ He never expresses it, but deep inside the heart he is like, “Afterall He is My son ..” ;) ]” 
AND 
“Gets his 1st salary”

Dressed smartly, into my bests, strong perfume, I took my father’s bike and went to pick her. We watched a movie. After that we moved towards a local restaurant, One of our regular and Favorite. The interior was Dark Brown and White, I pulled out a chair for her, she looked at me with suspicion and said, “I could have done that on my own.” “Come on! I am just showing some courtesy, nothing else”, I replied.

We settled and then I called up for a Waiter. And there comes the Waiter, smartly dressed, with a similar smile he said, “Menu Sir !! I would suggest Mineral water for you sir … ”. “Errrr…. Ok", I said looking surprisingly at him. Well, shifting my attention towards her, I slid the menu towards her and asked her to order. I looked back towards the Waiter as he went back. “Is everything allright ? ”, she asked me. “Yeeaaahhh … All’s Well”, I replied with a smile.

We ate, I served her everything that could delight her. Her favorite chicken sandwich, Light Cold Coffee with chocolate sauce and ice cream. That Waiter was standing 10 Meters away from us, as he was there just for us.

Everything ended well, I took her back to her place. I parked the bike, few yards away from her home. We continued for a small walk, and at last, she hugged me, with a smile on her face said, “It was nice to spend time with you … A treat is on me, I will take you out next Saturday … ” I was filled with joy, not because she was offering me a treat but because this time she didn’t uttered her hallmark sentence, “Don’t make something else out of it, it’s Just as a friend.”

I turned around, walked a few steps while looking towards the ground. As I put my hand inside my pocket to take out the keys, I saw That Waiter, He was standing besides My bike. I ran towards Him, and hugged him with all the power that I had. I looked at him, Kissed his hands and said, “I am sorry, Please forgive me for Lying.” He took my face into his hands and said, “Hey Son! I hope I played well as a Waiter … Did I spoil Anything ?”


That Was My First Date ...

Liked the Story - "Like" An Arrogant Writer on Facebook & Follow me on Google+. Also, Share this Post with your friends, By simply clicking on the tabs below

Receive Latest Update via Email:
Just Drop Your Mail under "Receive Updates via Email", on the Right Sidebar and Confirm Subscription from your Email Account..

No comments:

Post a Comment