Tuesday 29 July 2014

Today's Sense of Teaching ...

They ask a question, you try to answer and they dictate you, "Don't Argue!"

In two years of Engineering and 12 years of school education, that too from 5 different schools, I have been treated by thousands of teachers. Some of them are still connected to me, some are like my mother to me, some are like father, some are like brothers, i duly respect them, although I could never express, but I do! But there is another lot who has been like they own us, they can do whatever they want to do with our career and education, they can speak whatever they want to and they can treat us however they want to., and we can't say anything, as we have to pass the Exams too ... :)

I am apologizing in advance, but I am not talking about all of the teachers these are few special ones. In few recent cases:

1. One of my friend got a supplementary in a subject in which he scored 56 marks in mid semester exam and he was confident that in the end semester exam also he will score at least 40-50, which are more than enough to pass. But unfortunately he didn't cleared that subject. When he went to the teacher to ask what happened sir, The teacher replied, in his local accent, "Engineering hai beta, ye to chalta rahta hai ." (I am sorry i don't know any smiley for sarcasm.)

2. In another case, a girl was filed as a UFM (Unfair means) case in the examination, just because she has written her examination room no. on her hand. Which was interpreted as a cheating case, as nothing is allowed to be written on hands.

3. Another friend of mine was awarded unfair means because He certainly argued, as The invigilator compelled him to stay inside the  examination room for next one and a half hour, when he has already finished his paper, provided college's rules says that a student is allowed to leave the room after one hour of the commencement of the exam. Somebody please ask them, can they sit inside a room for one and a half hour, when they are not supposed to utter a word, can't use mobile, laptop or anything, just sit still.

There are hundreds of such cases, where interesting punishments have been given to us for pretty much similar reasons. They start criticizing you in front of everyone for something you haven't committed at all, you try to explain your stand, and you are arguing.

More interesting part is that, they ask you, "What do you think of yourself ? Why are you misbehaving ?" You try to answer, "Sir I wasn't misbehaving, i am just trying to say that ............", "Shut up! Don't you have manners, this is what your parents have taught you, you argue with your teachers !". I seriously want to understand the meaning of this word argument, If you don't want to listen an answer, Why the hell you ask one! If you already have a mindset that we are wrong, what's the point of calling us and asking, that too when you are not ready to listen the explanation.

Some common, Latest trends are, They Threaten you: "I can ruin you career!!", "With this attitude I won't let you pass this examination .." etc. etc. Few People may disagree with me, some may say I am being rude or arrogant, But you ask any guy in any college these days, 8 out of 10 will agree with me. I am saying all this, because I have myself faced all this and have also witnessed other's cases, not once, not twice but many times. Such teachers are ruining the essence of Education, the fun of Education. I still have few teachers who have guided me like my Mother, who have helped me everywhere in all the circumstances but as I said earlier these are different.

At last you have to compromise, with the situation, with the system, with the teacher. You have to say sorry, you have to accept all the terms and clauses with your head bowed downwards. But guys it's not about sorry, its not even about listening all that, it's about either we are wrong or not, Just by asking a question in the class, or just by disagreeing to what he is saying, How do we become culprits. Everyone knows we are students, we are not going to run here and there to prove we are right. We have to attend classes, no body is going to grant us attendances just because we are trying to prove ourselves right. And then finally your parents and even your soul says, end this crap, just say whatever he wants to listen, Just listen whatever he wants to say and end this bull shit. You know, just like Indian Government, they know common man, they know that nobody's going to fight as nobody has time. They tease you, they provoke you, they talk in the most ill mannered way to you, but they are right because they are the teachers and you are wrong, because you have to spend next 2 or 3 year in the same school or college. 

I can't say where could all this end, or where is it heading towards, all I know is that it's not good, It's not healthy, Because to develop good leaders, good engineers or doctors you have to provide an environment to the students where they can think, unbounded! And they can do mistakes without the fear that there career will be destroyed. And I must say, most of the schools and colleges in India are failing to provide that environment.

Liked the Report - "Like" An Arrogant Writer on Facebook & Follow me on Google+. Also, Share it with your friends, By simply clicking on the tabs below...

Receive Latest Update via Email:

Just Drop Your Mail under "Receive Updates via Email", on the Right Sidebar and Confirm Subscription from your Email Account..

No comments:

Post a Comment