Thursday 23 March 2017

A Wednesday Evening

Coming back from work, as I open the door, he asks me, “What did you do today?” I ignored as usual, set some tea on the stove and went to change my clothes. My clothes are sort of good you know - all that classy and soft fabric you must have seen in the market - something of that sort. However, once I remove them, my body is quite not worth a sight. No not because, I took a gym’s quarterly membership, but went just for one day.


Tea is ready !! The colour and the essence takes me back to a time, where a cup of this costs some 7 rupees. Where there are mountains I wish to climb, there is a tree I often sit underneath, there is a cycle that is my only companion, there is a girl I love, there is a friend, today I fought for and there is a family that I care about. He again asked me, “Where are they?”


Two Sips !! The taste reminds me of a boy travelling in a bus on a chilled December night, a small room temporarily made in the midst of a veranda using aluminium planks on two sides and brick walls on the other two sides. There is a trouser, hanging in a stuffed almirah, an almirah which is too small to store his belongings, however, he kept a separate rack just for his Gods, “things happen for a reason”, he said. There are some coins in the trouser, that counted to 10, another cup of tea is what he purchased with them.


Then there are rains when he's walking on terrace, there are friends who fought for him today, there are women who love him and a family that cares for him. “What happened to them?”, this time he tried to be more genuine, as if he was really interested to know.

Cup is empty !! I shook my head, noticeably, acting to come back to reality. “I have to send today’s report to the boss”, I answered to the person in the mirror and rushed towards my laptop. “I wish, you ever send a report to yourself, of what happened to you today”, the man in the mirror was still there, adamantly refusing to accept the reality.


"Like" An Arrogant Writer on Facebook & Follow me on Google+. You can share this with your friends, by simply clicking on the tabs below.


Receive Latest Updates via Email: Type your mail id under "Receive Updates via Email" on the right sidebar and then click on the the 'Confirmation Link' sent to your Mail ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment